This qualification is to support new or aspiring team leaders to make the transition from working in a team to leading a team.
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is designed for new and aspiring team leaders. It gives an in-depth introduction to the role and responsibilities of a team leader. This allows learners with the exact skills required to effectively lead people in the right direction.
The qualification is delivered through supported distance learning; all learning modules and assignments will be sent to you to work through at your own time and pace.
How quick you gain the certification depends on your speed to complete the assignments to the criteria required. You will have full support through telephone, emails and local meetings.
We currently hold a 100% pass rate
- Level 2 Certificate in Team Leading
- Minimum 13 credits
- QCF Credits
- Full Certification from the Institute of Leadership and Management
The qualification consists of three mandatory units covering the core skills needed to lead a team. Learners look at how to plan, allocate and monitor work; plus gain tools and techniques to develop as a leader and get the most from their team. Then learners complete the Certificate with optional units which cover everything from communication skills to business improvement techniques.
Benefits for individuals
- The core skills to lead a team successfully
- Motivation techniques to get the best from people
- The confidence to tackle difficult issues, like underperformance
- Tools to develop as a leader.
Benefits for employers
Your organisation will benefit from motivated and competent team leaders with their focus on communication, working with people, providing direction and leadership and getting results from their teams.
- Team leaders equipped with the skills they need to perform
- Staff who are competent to manage people and relationships
- Better communication and collaboration in teams
- Incentivise your staff to develop their potential.
What will you learn?
Developing yourself as a team leader: Understand the roles, functions, responsibilities and accountabilities of a team leader. Know how to seek, accept and respond positively to feedback on personal performance.
Improving performance of the work team: Understand the value of assessing performance. Know how to manage the performance and underperformance of individuals in the team. Understand the value of feedback in the workplace.
Workplace communication: Understand the importance of effective communication. Understand a variety of communication methods and the importance of maintaining accurate records of communication.
Solving problems and making decisions: Understand how to analyse, investigate and identify possible solutions to problems. Know how to evaluate solutions and recommend an implementation plan to solve the problem.
Giving briefings and making presentations: Understand how to plan a briefing or presentation. Be able to conduct a briefing or presentation and know how to evaluate a briefing or presentation.
Understanding leadership: Understand leadership styles Understand leadership qualities and review own leadership qualities and potential.
How to gain your certification
- Work through each of the modules sent to you by Harpar Ltd
- At the end of each module, there will be an assignment
- Complete the assignment with the guidelines provided and send your assignment via email
- Once you have completed all the assignments to the required standard, you will gain your certification.